Dhruv Bhate (ASU Bio Page)
– Associate Professor, The Polytechnic School,
– Affiliate Faculty, The Biomimicry Center,
– Graduate Faculty in Mechanical Engineering and Materials Science & Engineering, School for Engineering of Matter, Transport & Energy
Brief CV Industry Experience: 2015-17: Sr. Technologist (Additive Manufacturing), PADT Inc. 2008-15: Packaging R&D Engineer and Manager, Intel Corporation 2000-01: Engineering Co-Op, Tata Motors Education: 2008: PhD (Fatigue Modeling), Purdue University 2003: MS (MEMS Adhesion Modeling), University of Colorado at Boulder 2001: BS (Mechanical Engineering), College of Engineering, Pune
|Cameron Noe (started Spring ’19)
Thesis topic under discussion
|Mandar Shinde (started Fall ’18)
Fatigue of Additively Manufactured IN 718 (Laser Powder Bed Fusion)
|Paul Paradise (started Fall ’18)
Process-Structure-Property Relationships for Thin Wall IN 718 Structures in Laser Powder Bed Fusion
|Irving Edwin Ramirez Chavez (started Fall ’18)
Strain Distribution and Energy Absorption in Cellular Materials
Biomimetic Cellular Materials Design
Development of a Multi-Material Additive Manufacturing Platform
|Raghav Sharma (MS Thesis)
Cellular Material Selection and Optimization for Mechanical Performance
|Dhiraj Patil (MS Thesis)
Increasing Layer Thickness in Laser Powder Bed Fusion with Inconel 718
(co-advised with Prof. Clint Penick)
Biomimetic Cellular Materials Design: A study of insect nests
Photo coming soon
Topic under discussion
Alumni (updated 03/2019)
- Prof. Clint Penick, Assistant Research Professor at the Biomimicry Center, Arizona State University
- Prof. Christine Lee, Assistant Professor at the School of Art, Herberger Institute for Design and the Arts, Arizona State University
- Dr. Cahit Ozturk, Research Technologist at the Bee Lab, Arizona State University
- Donald Godfrey, Engineering Fellow, Honeywell Aerospace
- Rey Chu, Director at Phoenix Analysis & Design Technologies, Inc.
- Dr. Alex Grishin, Consulting Engineer at Phoenix Analysis & Design Technologies, Inc.
- Magnus Ahlfors, Applications Engineer at Quintus Technologies, Inc.
- Peter Hushek, President and CEO, Phoenix Heat Treating, Inc.